Loopy: Masterpiece Edition - the journey begins

1789101113»

Comments

• @NomadApe said:
    Are you going to make Loopy Pro available through Test Flight?
    I would happily be a beta tester and give feedback =)

I will indeed!

• @Marb67 said:
    5 years on and from the announcement and still no release. Is parenthood really that debilitating ? Great filmmakers, musicians, artists, engineers, scientists have managed prolific careers while maintaining families 🤔

Part of parenting is keeping your kids clothed, fed, and sheltered. To do that, most parents have to work ~8 hours a day...plenty of time to create great music, films, science or software—if you’re making a living at it. If you aren’t, and you have both kids and a “day job”, good luck finding time for much else.

• @shabudua said:

@Marb67 said:
    5 years on and from the announcement and still no release. Is parenthood really that debilitating ? Great filmmakers, musicians, artists, engineers, scientists have managed prolific careers while maintaining families 🤔

Part of parenting is keeping your kids clothed, fed, and sheltered. To do that, most parents have to work ~8 hours a day...plenty of time to create great music, films, science or software—if you’re making a living at it. If you aren’t, and you have both kids and a “day job”, good luck finding time for much else.

You should include a donation option in the app (if the App Store allows it). Along where you can purchase "ad-ons", one of the "ad-ons" should just be a simple donation option. You make great apps at very reasonable prices, so I'm sure many people would be willing to make a donation through the app.
    (Maybe they can have the option to leave a little message or feature request at the same time as they make a donation. Could be an extra motivation to donate.)
    I would happily donate 50 or 100 USD for Loopy Pro, as it can be used as a professional tool, if the setup is made properly.
    Loop stations are getting very popular now (at here least in Europe) with RC-505 contests etc. I can imagine this kind of thing in the future but using Loopy Pro.

• edited October 5

Thanks for saying, @NomadApe. Worry not, though, we're doing fine financially. I'm just placing emphasis on raising and enjoying our little boy right now. That's not to say I'm not also working, but I'm not going to sacrifice these precious early days to 100% work.

• what are the chances of having bidirectional midi control in loopy pro? I really want my lights to my controller to blink to show loop status.

• @muffin said:
    what are the chances of having bidirectional midi control in loopy pro? I really want my lights to my controller to blink to show loop status.

Very good – I’m definitely doing this

• YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

by the way, here's what i'm doing with loopy:

https://youtu.be/3-8IGHCKfms

• If possible please tell us when you're getting close to launching the TestFlight beta. Will buy a new iPhone at that time to test on different devices. Cheers!

• @NomadApe said:
    If possible please tell us when you're getting close to launching the TestFlight beta. Will buy a new iPhone at that time to test on different devices. Cheers!

Will do - a ways off yet