Hi! If your question relates to Loopy Pro, you may find a faster answer at one of the other Loopy Pro communities (https://loopypro.com/communities) – this forum has been closed down.

Loopy: Masterpiece Edition - the journey begins

Comments

• @NomadApe said:
    Are you going to make Loopy Pro available through Test Flight?
    I would happily be a beta tester and give feedback =)

I will indeed!

• @Marb67 said:
    5 years on and from the announcement and still no release. Is parenthood really that debilitating ? Great filmmakers, musicians, artists, engineers, scientists have managed prolific careers while maintaining families 🤔

Part of parenting is keeping your kids clothed, fed, and sheltered. To do that, most parents have to work ~8 hours a day...plenty of time to create great music, films, science or software—if you’re making a living at it. If you aren’t, and you have both kids and a “day job”, good luck finding time for much else.

• @shabudua said:

@Marb67 said:
    5 years on and from the announcement and still no release. Is parenthood really that debilitating ? Great filmmakers, musicians, artists, engineers, scientists have managed prolific careers while maintaining families 🤔

Part of parenting is keeping your kids clothed, fed, and sheltered. To do that, most parents have to work ~8 hours a day...plenty of time to create great music, films, science or software—if you’re making a living at it. If you aren’t, and you have both kids and a “day job”, good luck finding time for much else.

You should include a donation option in the app (if the App Store allows it). Along where you can purchase "ad-ons", one of the "ad-ons" should just be a simple donation option. You make great apps at very reasonable prices, so I'm sure many people would be willing to make a donation through the app.
    (Maybe they can have the option to leave a little message or feature request at the same time as they make a donation. Could be an extra motivation to donate.)
    I would happily donate 50 or 100 USD for Loopy Pro, as it can be used as a professional tool, if the setup is made properly.
    Loop stations are getting very popular now (at here least in Europe) with RC-505 contests etc. I can imagine this kind of thing in the future but using Loopy Pro.

• edited October 2019

Thanks for saying, @NomadApe. Worry not, though, we're doing fine financially. I'm just placing emphasis on raising and enjoying our little boy right now. That's not to say I'm not also working, but I'm not going to sacrifice these precious early days to 100% work.

• what are the chances of having bidirectional midi control in loopy pro? I really want my lights to my controller to blink to show loop status.

• @muffin said:
    what are the chances of having bidirectional midi control in loopy pro? I really want my lights to my controller to blink to show loop status.

Very good – I’m definitely doing this

• YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

by the way, here's what i'm doing with loopy:

https://youtu.be/3-8IGHCKfms

• If possible please tell us when you're getting close to launching the TestFlight beta. Will buy a new iPhone at that time to test on different devices. Cheers!

• @NomadApe said:
    If possible please tell us when you're getting close to launching the TestFlight beta. Will buy a new iPhone at that time to test on different devices. Cheers!

Will do - a ways off yet

• I would love to be part of your beta - as my videos are now the top search on Youtube for Loopy HD.
    Please let me know when this is available.

Patiently waiting since 2014. 👍🏻

• @johnpaulmusicuk said:
    I would love to be part of your beta - as my videos are now the top search on Youtube for Loopy HD.
    Please let me know when this is available.

Patiently waiting since 2014. 👍🏻

You got it!

• I'm sure this is in your plan, but having used Loopy as one of my main pieces of software for years, of all the features I could think of this one would be the most useful I think:
    Simply, having a way to end the song cleanly, reset session and start a new one.
    This could be a slider which controls global volume of the loops (and optionally also controls an effect, like putting a bit of floaty reverb/delay as you're fading out), and then a button which would simply reset the session (without having to shake your device :)

Of course, being able to undo, being able to put loops in groups, apply AU plugins to loops/groups, full control of how a loop acts when you press on it, having a "no headphone/mic" mode which would mute the other loops/effects while you're recording a loop, having a "single repeat" mode for loops, being able to switch quickly between loop groups... would all be great, but the "clean ending" feature alone would allow you to make whole finished songs in Loopy in one go without relying on a bunch of external apps.

Anyway, wish you all the best, motivation and good health!
    Jonas

• Thanks @NomadApe! Yeah, I am planning to do so nice set management stuff to make this easier.

• Really glad to hear this is still in development ;)

Would love a way to import a project into Logic afterwards. Also; would love to be on the beta too.

• Hey there! Just checked out some of your past posts on Loopy Pro. Being able to use AU apps directly as effects inside it, EQ and all, looks incredible! I'm sure you're all taken up in many things, but just wanted to say, now more than ever the world would need something like Loopy Pro. People are trying to find new ways to play music, by themselves and in collaborative ways, as many are forced to put their usual way of making music on hold. Loopy Pro would actually change my life a bit and that's not an exaggeration, and I'm sure it will for many many people. Anyway, hope you're doing good. Just wanted to send you a wave of encouragement. Of course I will gladly help in any little way I can, testing a beta program and sending bug feedback, or whatever is needed. Cheers!

• Thanks @NomadApe ! Not long now!!

• I'm bang up for a TestFlight invite.

• @Michael apologies if you've answered this before but since the ARM transition was announced and the DTK etc, I'm wondering whether the Masterpiece edition will be on the mac too?
    Mac obviously moving towards touch too anyway.
    Thoughts?
    Are you in possession of the DTK?
    Presume my TestFlight beta invite is in the mail?
    :)

• edited October 2020

@james948 I imagine the people in this section of the forum (or the whole forum?) will get a mail invite to the TestFlight beta when it's out, since Michael has our emails through our forum accounts.
    🥳🥳🥳!

• @james948 Actually it already has a Mac build; I am indeed aiming for a Mac release. iOS first, though; the Mac build will come later.

• @Michael said:
    @james948 Actually it already has a Mac build; I am indeed aiming for a Mac release. iOS first, though; the Mac build will come later.

Hells yeah!
    Mac build Intel or ARM or both?

• @james948 said:

@Michael said:
    @james948 Actually it already has a Mac build; I am indeed aiming for a Mac release. iOS first, though; the Mac build will come later.

Hells yeah!
    Mac build Intel or ARM or both?

Both I guess

• o/ I love you're working on this. It's been a pattern of our lives to google "Loopy masterpiece" sometimes in the year ^^=
    Right now I'm also looking for a looper to coincide with a hardware/midi synced setup that also uses 2-3 software synths on a iPhone. Jinglejangeling it with Arturia Keystep pro. Imagine having 3 instances of hardware 303 looping? Yes!
    Can I join the Beta?
    Email [email protected]

• edited October 2020

I’m just sorry it’s taking so long! A little mortifying. Yup it’ll probably be a fairly open beta I think (progressively)

• Big small question: Will Loopy Pro function as an AU extension (AUv3)? The way iOS seems to be shaping up it seems it will either have to be an AU host or extension no? (or can it be both?)

• Yep! It works as both host and AU (but not simultaneously as that’s impossible)

• @Michael said:
    Yep! It works as both host and AU (but not simultaneously as that’s impossible)

So we will be able to open “AUM” for example into Loopy Pro, set up channels in AUM as desired and use Loopy Pro in the output slot of a master channel created in AUM?

• Wow this is incredible. The systems we will be able to make with this will be so flexible!
    As for the AU extensions that run inside Loopy Pro, will they be resizable like in AUM, or full screen only like in Audiobus?