Hi! If your question relates to Loopy Pro, you may find a faster answer at one of the other Loopy Pro communities (https://loopypro.com/communities) – this forum has only a small number of active users.

Authorized Loopy tech?

New to Loopy. I want Track 1 to record song melody, Track 2 to record high level 3 harmony, Track 3 to record low level harmony etc etc. All from one song (3 minute long). Haven't been able to do this on my own. Maybe Loopy isn't the right tool. Is there a Loopy-knowledgeable person in Los Angeles area that I can hire for an hour to help me?

Comments

• New to Loopy. I want Track 1 to record song melody, Track 2 to record high level 3 harmony, Track 3 to record low level harmony etc etc. All from one song (3 minute long). Haven't been able to do this on my own. Maybe Loopy isn't the right tool. Is there a Loopy-knowledgeable person in Los Angeles area that I can hire for an hour to help me?

• Not in the LA area and not an "Authorized" Loopy tech, but if you don't get a responce from someone that's local, here are some basics and how about a little more information?

I think I know what you are trying to do, but making assumptions is usually a bad idea.

So, you a have Loopy running on an iDevice. You want to sing and/or play the melody for 3 minutes and record on track 1, then sing and/or play the harmonic 3rd of the melody and record on track 2, then sing and/or play the lower harmonic harmony of the melody and record on track 3. This can be done. However, Loopy is not a multi track recorder ( as in, you can only record one track at a time ). With most audio docking stations or external audio interfaces, you can record 2 mono channels into 1 stereo Loopy track ( one on Left an the other on Right). Built-in mic or mic connected to headphone jack is only mono.

Let me know if I've grasped what you are trying to do, or not. Either way, if you would like to work this out via the forum, let me/us know.

• Bingo! You got it exactly! And I only want to record one track at a time because there is a group of us that will all be singing different harmonies and I want them to practice only their harmonic level along with the melody.

Then you lost me when you continued with audio docking stations. I don't have any of that external stuff but can get it if you think important. Thank you.

• OK, so you will use Loopy, a set of headphones and the internal mic. You won't need the headphones if you just want to sing along, but for recording with your setup it's required.

Have you successfully recorded the first track? Or where exactly are you getting stuck? Have you gone through the built-in Help ( covers the basics and a little beyond) ?

• edited October 2014

You'd be better off with a simple multi track recorder. Record the 3 melodies on 3 separate tracks and each person mutes the track that they are meant to sing for practicing.

But each person would need the same software.

Or export 3 versions to MP3 - only singers 1&2 for singer 3 to practice, singers 1&3 for singer 2 and singers 2&3 for singer 1.

Loopy will do what you're asking, but it's not what it's meant for...