Loopy crash

edited October 2014 in General

My loopy crashes when I'm in record without count in mode and tap to re record just before the end of the loop. Is anybody else experiencing this? I wonder if it has anything to do with recent app updates to IOS8? I'm on iPad Air ios 7.1.2. This is the audiobus preset I'm using. I know this is quite complex preset but I've never had issues with this. @Michael could it have something to do with sugar bytes apps? Those are the only ones I've updated recently. I actually also updated loopy and audiobus because of this issue but later downgraded using backup IPAs but the problem persisted.

Audiobus preset 'Final + Samplr X': http://preset.audiob.us/DsHono1yei3RVfA

Comments

• D'oh, sorry to hear that @Supadom. Does the also crash happen for you when that same sequence is followed, when using Loopy on its own? Or is it only that specific set of apps?

• edited October 2014

This is a tough one. I hardly ever use it standalone and this happened only 2 times when I had it within audiobus with all the other apps. Are you saying this could be caused by any of the apps involved? If so than I should try downgrading sugar bytes apps too. Having said all this I had a 2hr practice session last night and had no problems.

Thanks @Michael I know how hard is to troubleshoot this kind of problem, especially with some apps updated to ios8. I will continue as it is for the moment and if it reoccurs I'll downgrade turnado and effectrix an will report back. I suspect it is ram related as I drive my air quite hard with this setup always hovering around 97%. Interesting that it's always happened when I double tapped to overdub where loopy was already working wrapping up the loop (quantizing) and getting the request to overdub.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

• It's almost certainly my fault, but stuff that's happening in other apps might trigger the bug in Loopy more frequently, is all - I thought I'd ask just in case there was a nice reliable reproducible series of steps. Do let me know if you learn more, and I'll look into it here too.