Emulate Electrix Repeater?

edited July 2014 in Techniques

I used to work with an Electrix Repeater in this way:

1. Record a single-strum ending chord
  2. In a completely different loop, record a song on acoustic guitar, approximately 90 seconds long
  3. At end of recording, immediately begin overdubbing on violin
  4. At end of second loop, stop recording but continue playing the loop while adding second violin part over the other two parts
  5. At end of loop, automatically transition to ending chord

The problem I'm having emulating this with Loopy is that the track that has the ending chord won't start at the top of the track. It just continues to loop, and, good luck trying to get it to cue at the top of the loop when you need it!

Any suggestions? I have a BlueBoard MIDI pedal to help with the transitions...

Joe

Comments

• edited July 2014

This would be a Manual task to some degree. I haven't tried it, but I believe (since you have 2 tracks ), with the overdubbed track unmuted (playing), use "Mute and play next muted track" before the end of the loop. Be sure that count-in/out mute is On. This should finish the overdubbed loop, mute it and unmute the ending chord loop. Here is where you have to manually time it and use the "Restart session" binding as close to the end of the overdubbed track as possible. "Restart session" simply starts all tracks at their beginning (provided your in synchronized mode and recorded the end chord with no preceding blank/silent space). It does not effect the muted state of the tracks.

If you try it, let us know how it works.

• Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.