You use Loopy HD to play professionally or is it just fun?

2»

Comments

• @Michael - Ha I see your logic there, but given the torment that my iPad 3 gave me with audio apps over the years, that is bordering on sadistic! :)

• @tom kudos on taking the time to edit that video. Never had the patience for editing my shows like that. That is some insanely impressive guitar playing too. I wish I had the speed. So technically talented,you just need Some edge in your sound. It sounds like coked up elevator music

• @Ronaldo said:
    Hi @Tom, do you use FCB1010 via usb, right? and audio in / audio is via mic / headphones plug?
    I use an ipad mini retina with a lightning adapter and a behringer UCA222, a diy foot controller qwerty (ipad bluetooth keyboard) as well as the audio continues in stereo. (unfortunately mic input is mono)
    I still do not trust Loopy, it requires extensive data processing and occasionally loses midi sync with other apps and even external drum machines (tried with the boss dr-3)​​.
    The visual idea of the app is very smart and practical, but it does not work 100% gets complicated for live performances.
    I broke an ipod touch 4, after an iphone 4s, ipad min and now an ipad mini retina believing it would only issue processing (hardware). Maybe you are being too picky, but live has no Ctrl + Z. If something goes wrong, it's gone.

Excuse me for saying this but how can you ask about any sort of 'professionality' if you have Behringer uca222 and a qwerty foot controller in your set up?

It seems to me that Loopy is you strongest link. Now go and sort out the rest. Get yourself a stage worthy foot pedal and a professional grade audio interface and you'll take your set up to another level. I've been using loopy on stage with close to no issues.

• @Supadom I'm sorry but did you see the date when this was posted? 2014 so far much water has passed under the bridge. Look for more current topics and discussions. thank you.

• @Ronaldo said:
    @Supadom I'm sorry but did you see the date when this was posted? 2014 so far much water has passed under the bridge. Look for more current topics and discussions. thank you.

It wasn't me who pulled it out of the abyss. What gear are you using now may I ask?

• edited April 2017

@Supadom said:

@Ronaldo said:
    @Supadom I'm sorry but did you see the date when this was posted? 2014 so far much water has passed under the bridge. Look for more current topics and discussions. thank you.

It wasn't me who pulled it out of the abyss. What gear are you using now may I ask?

OK no problems. Ah, my setup is not a big deal since it's just fun.
    GR55 Roland, iPad Mini 2 32Gb, mixer usb Behringer, midi controller 18 buttons (x2) and hibrid guitar (bass + guitar), Quneo (drum pad) for DrumPerfectPro and mic Samson.
    guaranteed fun :-)

• @Supadom said:
    [...] Get yourself a stage worthy foot pedal and a professional grade audio interface and you'll take your set up to another level.

While we are digging up old threads, I have to agree with this. I just got a real foot pedal and the difference is immediately improved. Before that I was using hacked together solutions that never quite worked right.
    Now I have a Line 6 FBV, and the timing issues are gone, Loopy is responding perfectly. Time to start practicing my techniques and getting the pedal set up how I want. :)

@Ronaldo your recent posts on YouTube are great, definitely looks like fun with the GR55

• @Hmtx said:
    @Ronaldo your recent posts on YouTube are great, definitely looks like fun with the GR55

thanks @Hmtx :-)

• @Ronaldo said:

@Supadom said:

@Ronaldo said:

OK no problems. Ah, my setup is not a big deal since it's just fun.
    GR55 Roland, iPad Mini 2 32Gb, mixer usb Behringer, midi controller 18 buttons (x2) and hibrid guitar (bass + guitar), Quneo (drum pad) for DrumPerfectPro and mic Samson.
    guaranteed fun :-)

The hybrid bass/guitar definitely sounds interesting!