Simultaneous recording - what is this Track management option?

edited April 2014 in General

OK, so I had a little free time to play with Loopy and dig into more of the track management options :-)

Simultaneous recording - sounds interesting, but couldn't seem to figure out what it is supposed to allow me to do.

Anyone know what this option does?

Comments

• The idea behind that one was to allow more flexible options with creating different loops (of different lengths) from the same source material. You can also do cool stuff with the Delay function.

In the future, this'll also pave the way for true multi-channel input.

• OK, but it seems that I can record the input signal ( built-in mic for instance) on more than one track at the same time regardless of the simultaneous recording setting.

• What will be very usefull too,
    A option to record to a row or a column.

• @Michael said:
    The idea behind that one was to allow more flexible options with creating different loops (of different lengths) from the same source material. You can also do cool stuff with the Delay function.

In the future, this'll also pave the way for true multi-channel input.

Is it already implemented?
    If so, how do I trigger the multitrack recording?
    I activated Simultaneous Recording but I can't find a way to start multiple tracks to record their respective assigned hardware inputs.
    Help please.

• Yesterday I was able to record into 2 loops simultaneously. One from one input on my sound card and the other loop from the second input.
    It worked fine - even if I wasn’t able to figure out how or when the timing was set - as I was also experimenting with a combination of Ableton Link and Loopy Pro working as a sync slave for a Ketron SD40 arranger keyboard…

Today I am not able to record two loops at the same time even if the multi record option is marked…. Maybe there was an update in the meantime?