USB powered MIDI keyboard into the FCB1010 MIDI in

TomTom
edited March 2014 in Equipment

Hi,
I'm thinking of buying the Nektar Impact LX49 but it is usb powered. My idea would be to connect the midi keyboard into the FCB1010 (which has a midi merger) and then into the griffin studio connect. The Nektar Impact LX49 does not have a separate AC power in.

Does anyone know of an alternative way of powering the piano or would this be an impossible setup?

Comments

• I think you could use a powered USB hub... not from personal experience, but just a guess:

Nektar>USB hub>MIDI USB converter cable>FCB1010>iPod

At that point you might rather just find a keyboard that has 5-pin MIDI out.

• I would think that your Nektar would be able to send MIDI over USB. You could try connecting your ipad, your studio connect, and your keyboard all to a single powered(!) hub and play the crapshoot if your ipad recognizes all three.

• Thanks both for your input. @Boberto the studio connect has no usb. It's connected directly into the 30pin connector. I guess i'll be better off with buying a semi weighted, ac powered baby like this one. http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Axiom49.html