How do you export session and create mp3?

edited February 2014 in General

Am I just dumb or it this not an option?

Comments

• @Amandaleilagn0me said:
    Am I just dumb or it this not an option?

Right? I don't get it, I tried hooking my iPad up to my computer and accessing the iTunes store as they suggested, but it was not finding any of my recordings. I don't get it. Somebody PLEASE help!!! How do you export a "recording" of a session to an mp3 or to your iTunes library? I don't get it. SO STUCK! Please help!

• Someone please respond with a step by step guide? 200 views on this thread so I'm clearly not the only one who can't figure this out. help please? and also a step by step guide on how to post session to Facebook?

• step by step would take much time. it´s late night/early morning here. but i´ll try:
    1)if you like to export the loopy-session track by track
    2)if you want to export a recording of your session
    1) hold a loopy-button 2 seconds, now klick ´share´ , now you can choose ´copy´, ´email´, ´soundcloud´, ´usb-transfer´. my fastest transfer-option is often ´email´. from there i can take the file to some converting tool on my desktop pc and create mp3-files if i want.( loopy always puts out audio-files with the extension ´m4a´.
    http://whatis.techtarget.com/fileformat/M4A-Unprotected-AAC-audio-file )
    2)record your session. i hope you know how to do this (rec-button above sessions, recordings, settings, help).
    your recording you will find in ´recordings´ with date and time (14 feb., 2:32 etc...). touch the date, now the next window opens and you can see the recording and the 4 transfer-option i´ve mentioned above.
    i hope this is helpful. if not, we´ll go deeper into it.
    good night...

• sorry, i forgot, but facebook is not the site i´m used to.

• Has anyone figured this out yet?

• edited October 30

Hey @mezza ! Yeah, it works great. Just use the method described by @owi

2)record your session. i hope you know how to do this (rec-button above sessions, recordings, settings, help).
    your recording you will find in ´recordings´ with date and time (14 feb., 2:32 etc...). touch the date, now the next >window opens and you can see the recording and the 4 transfer-option i´ve mentioned above.

• @owi said:
    step by step would take much time. it´s late night/early morning here. but i´ll try:
    1)if you like to export the loopy-session track by track
    2)if you want to export a recording of your session
    1) hold a loopy-button 2 seconds, now klick ´share´ , now you can choose ´copy´, ´email´, ´soundcloud´, ´usb-transfer´. my fastest transfer-option is often ´email´. from there i can take the file to some converting tool on my desktop pc and create mp3-files if i want.( loopy always puts out audio-files with the extension ´m4a´.
    http://whatis.techtarget.com/fileformat/M4A-Unprotected-AAC-audio-file )
    your recording you will find in ´recordings´ with date and time (14 feb., 2:32 etc...). touch the date, now the next window opens and you can see the recording and the 4 transfer-option i´ve mentioned above.
    i hope this is helpful. if not, we´ll go deeper into it.
    good night...

Since ios11 I’ve not been able to export to my itunes library. I initially learned to export from GarageBand> iTunes library from an Apple support person. Of course I wrote every step down. He was very patient. It wasn’t a one or two step method but it worked perfectly.
    Now that method doesn’t work anymore. No clue why. Would really appreciate some insight if you have any. I would also like to export from Loopy.
    Thanks in advance.