pedal recommendations ??

edited January 2014 in Equipment

Hello Everyone,

I am not a techie --- I see many of you on the forums are... :-)

I have 2 questions:
1) what can you do with a pedal and loopy? what functions can be controlled?
2) does anyone have recommendations for pedals to use with loopy? I would prefer a wired pedal to
avoid any possible interference during gigs.

Here is what I'd like to be able to do:
-- start/stop a loop via pedal
-- when I have a loop playing, be able to stomp on a pedal to advance to the "next" loop.
I need this for multi-song medleys...

I hope there are solutions out there.!. Thank you!

Comments

• Hi Blugruv,

Yes, you can control heaps of things on Loopy via pedals, including the functions you mentioned. In fact, one of the great things about Loopy is that you can choose which functions you control via foot switches. It's easy to set up and try out different switching functions.

You can look up these (called Midi Bindings) within Loopy...or check out the list here on the Loopy Wiki:

http://wiki.loopyapp.com/

You need a midi or bluetooth footswitch to access these. Midi will be wired. If you go with a midi foot switch you will need an interface that sends midi info to your iPad. There are lots out there. I use an Alesis iO dock which is great because it not only receives and sends Midi info, it has audio inputs for plugging in microphones and instruments as well. Very convenient, although it only fits iPads with the old 30 pin connector.

My Midi foot switch is a Boss FC50, which is around 20 years old (yeah kids, we liked MIDI in the 20th C, too!). This works great for me, but like interfaces there are stacks of midi foot pedals around too.

Good luck, let us know how you go.