Hi! If your question relates to Loopy Pro, you may find a faster answer at one of the other Loopy Pro communities (https://loopypro.com/communities) – this forum has been closed down.

High consumption and battery heating with loopy

edited January 2014 in Support and Feedback

It's normal heat considerably iphone 4s 16gb while using Loopy HD? I use cck adapter with a UCA222 and the battery level drops rapidly. Nor am using bluetooth yet.

Now ordered an blueboard, but I confess I am concerned because the consumption is even greater now.

Thanks

Comments

• edited January 2014

I don't have an iphone (or a UCA222), but the UCA222 is being powered by the iphone via the CCK or are you using a powered USB hub in between. This will draw power from the iphone, and the more power that is being used, the warmer/hotter the iphone will be.

One thing I find on the iPad that reduces battery drain (and there by reduces heat) is to dim (reduce) the brightness setting.

Using a powered USB hub between the CCK and the USB devices you want to connect to the iphone will also reduce battery drain. It's a trade off between portability and battery time.

Turning off wifi, bluetooth and even cell service, keeping only what is needed turned on will also help.

Stopping/closing all other Apps will also help, depending on how cpu hungry they are. But it is always a good idea to have minimum Apps running when making music to prevent undesired glitches and stutters.

• yes friend, I close everything and leave in airplane mode, but still not have a powered hub. I would like to find a way to use the stereo audio 30-pin port and can send power to the iphone at the same time, because unfortunately the CCK can not do it.

• I was super excited to be able to use the iphone 4s with loopy (12 tracks) and even bought the irig blueboard. but with the battery spending 40% in two hours and overheating iPhone, unfortunately is not the solution you were looking for.