Using Loopy with a Drummer (or: how to give the drummer a click)

edited March 2012 in General
Hey guys,
I've been using Loopy with the IO Dock with just myself and looped drum tracks for the past while. I'm about to start playing with my drummer and bassist again soon and want to be prepared. If anyone else is using a similar setup live, how are you sending a metronome for the drummer to hear?

The only thing I could think of would be importing a click to each session, panning it full L or R and giving the drummer headphones our of the L or R main out. This would work but means everything I'm playing can only be sent to the monitors mono, which works but is less ideal.

Thanks,
Sean

Comments

• Well, not much you can do there... iPad is stereo out, two tracks and that's all... You could conceivably have a drum machine or something locked to Loopy's clock and then do whatever you want with that output.
  • When you say locked to loopy's clock, is there a way to do this other than manually entering the bpm in each? Thanks!
  • @Sean - you use MIDI to slave a clock to Loopy (take a look at the help section for more info).
    I'm going to see if I can come up with some cool solution for using multichannel audio interfaces, which might help to solve this problem.
  • @Michael oh wow I didn't even realize it had this function. That's an amazing thing to have.

Just to make sure I'm fully understanding this, I could send out a midi tempo across to every compatible piece of hardware and have everything synced to the same beat? Sequencers, synths, drum machines, etc?